Have you ever thought how many times you have used your hands for all sorts of functions?
In the first part of this segment: An art montage spotlights the extraordinary capabilities of our hands. (original score by musical composer James Stonehouse)
Following this art montage, Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Taizoon Baxamusa, walks us through:
1) Our hand anatomy
2) How our brain communicates with our hands
3) What is the most important finger of our hand?
4) What is the least important finger of our hand?
5) If you had to pick three fingers to keep on your hand, which should you pick?
6) What separates us from primitive primates?
7) Approximately what percent of the cortical part of the brain is dedicated to the function of our hands?
For more information about neuro.RAPT's educational programming, please visit: www.neurorapt.com