Each morning, Grafton Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, and reminders that can help you plan your day.
1. The is hosting its seventh annual “National Night Out Block Party,” next to the Grafton Police Station, from 5 to 8 p.m. today. According to the police department's website, thousands of communities nationwide are participating in the 29th annual National Night Out crime and drug prevention event. There will be free amusements as well as games and prizes for children and adults and literature on crime prevention, drug awareness, fraud, personal safety, health, child passenger safety and fire prevention. Free pizza, hot dogs, pies and other refreshments, while it lasts, will also be available. For more information, visit the Grafton Police Department website by clicking here or go to www.nationalnightout.org.
2. The meets at 7 p.m. today at the . To view the agenda, click here.
3. The will meet at 7 p.m. in the Finance Committee Room at the Grafton Memorial Municipal Center. View the agenda by clicking here. The also meets at 7 tonight at the Grafton Memorial Municipal Center. For more information, click here.
4. The will hold an Intro to Hand Embroidery program for Tweens and Teens from 6:30 to 8 p.m. today. This is Part 1 of an introduction to embroidery. This workshop is limited to 12 participants. Register by calling 508-839-4649 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Voting continues through Aug. 17 for the Readers' Choice categories we've selected for Grafton. . Cast your vote and help us decide who's best. Today, we're highlighting "best landscaper."