Each morning, Grafton Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, and reminders that can help you plan your day.
1. The series continues today with Smokin’ Pidgeon at 6 p.m. These concerts are free to the public and guests are encouraged to bring chairs and blankets. Concerts are sponsored in part by the Grafton Recreation Commission, Grafton Local Cultural Council, and the Massachusetts Cultural Council. In the case of rain, the concert will be held in the Gym, 30 Providence Rd.
2. The has announced that, as of Aug. 6, its patrons have "collectively read for 2,611 reading hours" toward the Read to Feed goal of 3,000. For each 500 collective reading hours, a donation of $100 will be given to the Grafton Food Bank. Keep track of your reading hours and fill out a log slip when you visit the library. You can also bring non-perishable food items to donate. For more information, click here.
3. The library is also holding a Sock Alien program from 2 to 4 p.m. today. Bring your own crew sock or small tube sock (a sock without a heel works best) and turn it into an alien or monster.
4. Sessions for iPad deployment are being held for Grafton High School students this week and next. Registration is required. For a schedule and more information, click here. and all teachers will have a MacBook Pro laptop computer when the new opens this fall.
5. Voting continues through Aug. 17 for the Readers' Choice categories we've selected for Grafton. . Cast your vote and help us decide who's best. Today, we're highlighting "best burger."