Each morning, Grafton Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. Tuesday, April 24 is the last day to register to vote in the Spring 2012 Annual Town Meeting. Register in the . Annual Town Meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, May 14. The town election will take place on Tuesday, May 15.
2. The has an opening for a children’s librarian. The position is full time and includes weekday, weekend and evening hours. Anyone interested is asked to send a cover letter and resume or application for employment to the Selectmen’s Office, Grafton Municipal Center, 30 Providence Rd., Grafton. Review of applications begins on April 30.
3. The town has an opening for a Cable Access Assistant. The job is full time and requires an understanding and knowledge of camera operation, field production unsing portable equipment, training, editing and other duties. Hours will include evenings and weekends. Anyone interested is asked to forward a letter of interest and an outline of qualifications to the c/o Town Administrator, 30 Providence Rd., Grafton.
4. According to the Grafton bylaws, the owners and occupants of every house, building or structure in town must display address numbers visible from the street and at least 2.5 inches high. Violators are subject to a penalty of $1 for each day there is no number on the building.
5. With the red flag conditions warning of high fire danger throughout Massachusetts this week, it bears repeating that Grafton requires a permit from the fire department for open burning. No open burning is permitted on Sundays. Violators are subject to fines that include $100 for burning without a permit, $25 for burning after 4 p.m., $100 for a fire that burns out of control.
Is there something that you would like others to know today? Go ahead and post it in the comments!