With Christmas falling on a Sunday this year, the rules are different. Not only are many places closed on Christmas Day but they are also closed on Monday, Dec. 26 for observation of the holiday. All liquor stores, by state law, must be closed both days so be sure to buy your holiday spirits early.
Happily, you will be able to find a cup o' Joe and the forgotten milk or butter, and if the mood strikes you, Chinese food is also an option. Here is the list of the few places open:
1. will be open from 6 a.m. to noon so after pulling an all-nighter the night before, you can still have your caffeine fix.
2. All three locations will be open from 8 a.m. to midnight. They will, however, be closed from midnight to 8 a.m. on Dec. 25. Rest assured, you can pick up the forgotten milk and butter for the mashed potatoes after 8 a.m.
3. will be open regular hours if you have a hankering for Chinese food, but they ask for only large orders after 3 p.m. No sit-down service will be offered.
4. Looking for a very last minute gift? will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. The pharmacy will be closed all day, but will be open for their regular clients.
5. Nearing empty as you plan to go over the river and through the woods? No worries, will be open for gas only; no mechanics will be on duty.
Know of another business that's open that we missed? List it in the comments.