One of my work colleagues, Sean Foley and his wife Suzanne, has pulled together a grass roots response to try and help with the devastation wrought by Sandy. They are renting a fleet of UHauls and driving them Monday, November 12, to the offices of State Senator Andrew Lanza for distribution in New York. Called “The Karma Truck,” this is gaining momentum and may be the type of thing you can also participate in.
Locally, Amcomm Verizon Wireless (200 Union St/Bay State Common and 76 Otis Street) have agreed to be drop of locations for:
- Canned Goods / Nonperishable Food (including powdered milk)
- Batteries (C+D) , Maglite flashlights, Hand/Foot warmers, cleaning supplies, trash bags
- Water (You know you stocked up before Sandy, and don’t need it now.)
- Blankets, gently used or New.
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, deodorant etc)
- Baby Care items (Diapers, formula etc)
- Pet Food
- Road flares (Urgent need for the police.)
You will get no proof of donation as this is not any sort of official charity. This is just one American family, asking others to help fill up a truck withKarma for other Americans in need.
What will you put in the Karma Truck?