5 Things You Need to Know Today: May 18
You have something to do — actually, a lot to choose from — in Grafton on Saturday!
Each morning, Grafton Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, reminders and odd little ditties to help you organize your day. What will you be doing today?
1. Grafton Garden Club holds its annual plant sale on Saturday, May 19 at 9 .m. at the Grafton Public Library, 33 Grafton Common. There will be a wide variety of annuals, hanging baskets, herbs and vegetables as well as perennials. Experienced club members will be on hand to answer questions. There will also be a number of raffle items.
2. The South Grafton Firefighters Association is holding a spaghetti supper on Saturday, May 19 from 5 to 7:30 p.m. at Station 3, 94 Main St. Dinner includes spaghetti, meatballs, salad bread and drinks. Tickets will be available at the door for $8.
3. Apple Tree Arts presents an evening of dancing and singing on Saturday, May 19 at 7 p.m. at Grafton High School, 24 Providence Rd. Tickets are $5 and will be sold at the door. The 14-member cast will perform many popular tunes, including True Colors, Proud Mary, I Had the Time of My Life and Just the Way You Are.
4. A neighborhood yard sale is scheduled to take place Sunday, May 20 beginning at 7:30 a.m. at 61 Aspen Ave. in South Grafton. Families from Poplar St., Aspen Ave. and Lilac Lane will be participating.
5. Operation Sail, a nonprofit organization, is sponsoring an essay and an art contest for high school students called The Star Spangled Banner and War of 1812 Essay and Art Contest. One grand prize winner will receive a ride on the Coast Guard tall ship Eagle as it sales into Boston for OpSail 2012 from June 30 to July 5. For details about the contests visit www.opsail.org.
Is there something that you would like others to know today? Go ahead and post it in the comments!