5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 27
The Annual Hassanamisco Indian Fair will be held this Sunday.
Each morning, Grafton Patch presents “5 Things You Need to Know,” a collection of announcements, events, and reminders that can help you plan your day.
1. A Star Wars Symposium will be held at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at the Grafton Public Library. Participants are encouraged to dress as a character for a costume contest and bring show and tell items. There will also be a trivia contest, video games and more. Space is limited and registration is requested for this program, which is for ages 9 and up. Call 508-839-4649.
2. This Saturday is also Olympic Fun Day. Patch has posted some ideas for how you can get involved.
3. The Annual Hassanamisco Indian Fair will be held this Sunday on the Hassanamesit Reservation on Brigham Hill. According to the Hassanamisco Indian Museum website, Nipmucs have gathered on Brigham Hill annually since at least 1857. They gather on the reservation on the last Sunday in July "to honor our ancestors and our traditions. We drum, dance, and name our children." Gates open at 10 a.m. For more information, click here.
4. Voting continues through Aug. 17 for the Readers' Choice categories we've selected for Grafton. You've probably noticed on our homepage a story that shows you all of the categories for which we're seeking votes. Cast your vote and help us decide who's best. Today, we're highlighting "best dry cleaners." Click here and take a second to vote for your favorite dry cleaners in Grafton.
5. The state Department of Health has announced that the EEE virus has been detected in a sample of mosquitoes collected in neighboring Westborough. The Grafton Health Department recently released tips to guard against West Nile Virus and Eastern Equine Encephalitis.